Episode 63: It’s time for FBI email hijinks, Digital ID woes, No FCC licences for Huawei, Homekit concerns, Nuvia’s new ARM CPU’s, Intel debug mode and a toaster or phone!
Welcome back to the WTR as Karl and I discuss the latest tech news, gadgets, games, & films!
We are available on Apple and Spotify Podcasts, Anchor and via all good podcasts sources!
This week we covered:
- UK will reportedly investigate NVIDIA’s purchase of ARM over security concerns
- The FBI’s own email infrastructure was hacked to send fake cybersecurity warnings
- Apple asks States to pay for Digital Drivers licences
- Biden signs law banning Huawei and ZTE from getting FCC licences
- Could Homekit be doomed if Apple doesn’t make its own automation hardware?
- Intel’s recent Atom, Celeron, Pentium chips can be lulled into a debug mode, potentially revealing system secrets
- Apple’s Arm chip experts quit to form Nuvia. Qualcomm buys Nuvia. Now Nuvia works on Apple M1-class Windows chips for Qualcomm
- Will you be buying your next Android phone… from a toaster company?!
- Army of Thieves
- Apple TV update / Foundation / Invasion
As always, we’d love to hear your comments
Find us on Twitter @WeeklyTechRant