It’s time for another Apple Event, AMD splashes the cash, Nvidia holds fast, Amazon cans Crucible and we hit Warp speed!
Welcome to Episode 11 of The Weekly Tech Rant and once again Karl and I cover the latest tech stories from the week. We talk about the ongoing challenges in our homelabs and our regular feature on what games and TV/Films which have piqued our interest this week!
We are now available on Apple and Spotify Podcasts and of course our hosting platform Anchor:
This week we covered:
- Apple Event on the 13th… iPhones duh! Mini Homepods, Apple Tag and Headphones?
- Bloomberg reports Apple Silicon Macs could launch in November – Arm we are off on into the post Intel world?
- Apple TV trials to be extended to 2021 – Who’s using this still or will pay for it?
- AMD rumored to be in advanced talks to buy FPGA slinger Xilinx for $30bn+ – a strategic investment to challenge Intel/Nvidia!
- Microsoft is bringing xCloud to iOS via the web – Screw you Apple!
- Epic judge permanently restrains Apple from blocking Unreal Engine, but won’t force Fortnite
- AMD’s Ryzen 9 5900X– Touted as“Worlds best gaming CPU” – a new challenger has joined the fight
- Nvidia 3070 delayed till 29th to avoid stock issue – of course, nothing to do with AMD’s Big Navi reveal on the 28th!
- FS2020 – we’ve played it a bit more, how is it after several patches? What scenery packs have we bought?
- Amazon has canceled Crucible, its free-to-play multiplayer shooter that had already been returned to closed beta
Enjoy and as always please let us know what you think in the comments!