Episode 116: It’s time for Apple to go all in on Encryption, Apple meet FIDO, TSMC spends big in AZ, CMA fuel enquiry, Thoma Bravo boosts fund, More Musk madness and a folding iPad
Welcome back to the WTR as Karl and Jay discuss the latest tech news, gadgets, games, & films!
We are available on Apple and Spotify Podcasts, Anchor and via all good podcast sources!
This week we covered:
- Apple announces sweeping changes to App Store pricing
- Apple debuts Advanced Data Protection to bring end-to-end encryption to Messages in iCloud, Photos, device backups, much more
- Apple announces physical Security Key support for Apple ID two-factor, new iMessage verification technology
- Apple confirms that it has stopped plans to roll out CSAM detection system
- TSMC triples spending on Arizona advanced chip site with extra 3nm fab
- CMA review finds fuel prices not falling fast enough
- Thoma Bravo adds record $32B in new capital to fuel buyout funds
- Elon Musk turns Twitter into ‘hotel’ for staff
Cloudflare Yubikey offer: https://www.cloudflare.com/en-gb/products/zero-trust/phishing-resistant-mfa/
As always, we’d love to hear your comments
Find us on Twitter @WeeklyTechRant