Episode 120: It’s time for more Tech layoffs, MS deal woes, War Thunder intel blunder, MSI Secure boot fail, Twitter breaks API, New MacBooks and Mini and maybe no AR glasses
Welcome back to the WTR as Karl and Jay discuss the latest tech news, gadgets, games, & films!
We are available on Apple and Spotify Podcasts, Anchor and via all good podcast sources!
This week we covered:
- Google and Nvidia offer objections to FTC over Microsoft buying Activision Blizzard
- Microsoft faces EU antitrust warning over Activision deal – sources
- Microsoft announces big job cuts that will affect 10,000 employees
- Nearly 300 MSI motherboards will run any code in Secure Boot, no questions asked
- More restricted military intel ends up on the War Thunder forums
- UK lawmakers vote to jail tech execs who fail to protect kids online
- Twitter admits it’s breaking third-party apps, cites ‘long-standing API rules’
As always, we’d love to hear your comments
Find us on Twitter @WeeklyTechRant