Episode 89: It’s time for Broadcom to assimilate VMware. iPod is dead long live the iPod, Valves antitrust woes, Hell (Nvidia) freezes over, Costly CPUs, Apple TV stick (maybe) and 4090 specs
Welcome back to the WTR as Karl and I discuss the latest tech news, gadgets, games, & films!
We are available on Apple and Spotify Podcasts, Anchor and via all good podcast sources!
This week we covered:
- Intel details staggered release schedule for long-anticipated Arc GPUs
- Apple discontinues iPod touch, ending 20 year run of iconic ‘iPod’ brand
- Judge rules part of antitrust suit against Valve can continue
- Broadcom to buy VMware ‘on Thursday for $61 billion’
- Nvidia open-sources Linux kernel GPU modules. Repeat, open-source GPU modules…..Hell has frozen over
- AMD approaches ‘30%’ x86 CPU market share, thanks to servers ‘n’ laptops
- Meta ‘Still Working’ On Quest Login Options Without Facebook
- Demand for PC and smartphone chips drops ‘like a rock’ says CEO of China’s top chipmaker
- TSMC, Samsung plan price hikes for chip designers – reports
As always, we’d love to hear your comments
Find us on Twitter @WeeklyTechRant