Episode 104: It’s time for breaches galore, big tech woes, fines and Nvidia 40 series and Ryzen 7000 updates, Game Pass friends and family leaks
Welcome back to the WTR as Karl and Jay discuss the latest tech news, gadgets, games, & films!
We are available on Apple and Spotify Podcasts, Anchor and via all good podcast sources!
This week we covered:
- A bad few weeks for big tech!
- Google fails to overturn EU Android antitrust ruling but reduces its fine by 5 percent
- Google and Meta fined over $70m for privacy violations in Korea
- Google faces fines of up to $25.4b in UK and EU ad tech case
- Microsoft’s purchase of Activision Blizzard will face ‘in-depth’ UK investigation
- ARM sues Qualcomm, alleging its subsidiary breached a licensing agreement
- The SEC revealed today that it charged VMWare with fraud . . . then settled for next to nothing
- Meta axes internal team responsible for asking ‘are we the baddies?’
- NVIDIA reveals new US government rule restricting export of AI chips to China and Russia
- Breaches Everywhere
- Ryzen 7000 Series Launch
As always, we’d love to hear your comments
Find us on Twitter @WeeklyTechRant