Episode 105: It’s time for Our Apple product mini-reviews, Nvidia 40 series news, Meta gets sued (again), SiFive, Ofcom probe and maybe no Oct Apple event
Welcome back to the WTR as Karl and Jay discuss the latest tech news, gadgets, games, & films!
We are available on Apple and Spotify Podcasts, Anchor and via all good podcast sources!
This week we covered:
- Nvidia RTX 4090 ‘the new heavyweight champ’ launches October 12 for $1599
- Nvidia RTX 40-series to deliver ‘up to 2–3 times increase in ray tracing’ performance
- Nvidia unveils DLSS 3 promising 4x frame rate increases for RTX 40-series GPUs
- EVGA is reportedly so sick of working with Nvidia that it’s going to stop making graphics cards altogether
- Facebook users sue Meta for bypassing beefy Apple security to spy on millions
- UK launches competition probe into cloud giants in digital services
- SiFive RISC-V cores picked for Google AI compute nodes
As always, we’d love to hear your comments
Find us on Twitter @WeeklyTechRant