Episode 81: It’s time for Angry EU, Intel speedfreak, More Nvidia cards, Unhappy EPIC, Kasperky threat, Poly=HP and Cyberthreats up high and down below, plus rumours abound!
Welcome back to the WTR as Karl and I discuss the latest tech news, gadgets, games, & films!
We are available on Apple and Spotify Podcasts, Anchor and via all good podcast sources!
This week we covered:
- European Union reaches provisional agreement on antitrust law targeting tech giants
- EU legislation to make iMessage and other messaging apps interoperable
- Intel’s unlocked Core i9-12900KS processor claims to be the ‘world’s fastest desktop processor’ with 5.5GHz speeds
- NVIDIA Releases GeForce RTX 3090 Ti: Ampere the All-Powerful
- Nvidia RTX 4080 / 4090 leaks point to extremely power-hungry cards
- Epic isn’t satisfied by Google’s app store billing stunt
- FCC adds Kaspersky to its list of national security threats
- HP buys Poly, the company formerly known as Plantronics
- UK Ministry of Defence takes recruitment system offline, confirms data leak
- A mysterious satellite hack has victims far beyond Ukraine
- Russian military reportedly hacked into European satellites at the start of the Ukraine war
- Lapsus$ – British cops arrest seven in Lapsus$ crime gang probe
As always, we’d love to hear your comments
Find us on Twitter @WeeklyTechRant