Episode 30: It’s time for Russian iPhones, iOS looks to Android for Security, Privacy, Privacy and more Privacy, Blizzard payoff, Google goes Fuschia and Intel readying the HPG, whilst we play all the games!
Welcome to Episode 30 as Karl and I discuss the latest tech news and gadgets and games & films!
We are available on Apple and Spotify Podcasts, Anchor and all good podcasts sources!
This week we covered:
- Apple allows Russia to pre-install apps on iPhones as part of device setup… its the beginning of the end
- iOS security fixes could soon be delivered separately from other updates, beta code suggests – following the Android model here!
- A new Apple Patent Describes 3D Touch Reinvented…. Please bring it back!
- Apple wins the first battle in French fight over iOS 14 privacy protections
- Chip shortage affecting everybody except Apple,’ Android flagships could be delayed
- Activision Blizzard lays off roughly 50 esports employees as online events grow in priority… you’re fired and here’s $200 in Battle.net gift cards to spend on the games you were working on, to buy that skin you probably made..!
- GeForce Now doubles its price for newcomers to $10 a month
- Android 12 Developer Preview 2 lands
- Google readies the first Dev release of Fuschia – will it see the light of day finally!
- Intel teaser hints long-awaited Xe HPG gaming GPUs may be revealed on March 26th – HPG/LPG are these gas powered GPU’s 😉
- EA Play now available on Game Pass PC – all the games!
As always we’d love to hear what you think!
Bonus – Jon Prosser explains what happens with the March Apple event! [Youtube]