Episode 83: It’s time for Google says no to payments, Elon wants Twitter, Cash for Pat, Russia gets upset with Wiki, BT group spat and Space Cheese
Welcome back to the WTR as Karl and I discuss the latest tech news, gadgets, games, & films!
We are available on Apple and Spotify Podcasts, Anchor and via all good podcast sources!
This week we covered:
- Google crackdown means you won’t be able to buy Barnes & Noble ebooks on Android
- Elon Musk buys 9% of Twitter stock as he pressures company on “free speech”
- AMD to acquire SmartNIC and networking firm Pensando for $1.9 billion
- Intel CEO made $178m in first 10 months, AMD CEO got a $2m pay rise
- Russia threatens Wikipedia with fines over “false information”
- Russian media watchdog bans Google from advertising its services
- French court pulls SpaceX’s Starlink license
- iOS 15.5 includes support for apps with external purchases to satisfy regulators, code confirms
- The Bluetooth group is fighting the maker of Dodges and Jeeps for not paying twice
As always, we’d love to hear your comments
Find us on Twitter @WeeklyTechRant