Episode 92: It’s time for slow chips to Russia, ARM stakes, Hijinks in Space, Cloud gaming concerns and AMD news overload!
Welcome back to the WTR as Karl and I discuss the latest tech news, gadgets, games, & films!
We are available on Apple and Spotify Podcasts, Anchor and via all good podcast sources!
This week we covered:
- Taiwan bans exports of chips faster than 25MHz to Russia, Belarus
- Qualcomm wants to buy a stake in Arm alongside its rivals
- Russia seeks to hijack German telescope on its X-ray spacecraft
- Mandatory USB-C phone port edges closer after EU deal
- Cloud gaming ban on the App Store, and mandatory WebKit usage, both declared anticompetitive
- More AMD News!
- AMD Zen 4 Update: 8% to 10% IPC Uplift, 25% More Perf-Per-Watt, V-Cache Chips Coming
- AMD RDNA 3/Navi 3X GPU Update: 50% Better Perf-Per-Watt, Using Chiplets For First Time
- AMD Unveils Siena, A Lower Cost EPYC Family With Up to 64 Zen 4 Cores
- AMD Announces Genoa-X: 4th Gen EPYC with Up to 96 Zen 4 Cores and 1GB L3 V-Cache
- AMD: Combining CDNA 3 and Zen 4 for MI300 Data Center APU in 2023
- AMD Zen Architecture Roadmap: Zen 5 in 2024 With All-New Microarchitecture
- AMD’s 2022-2024 Client GPU Roadmap: RDNA 3 This Year, RDNA 4 Lands in 2024
- AMD Updated EPYC Roadmap: 5th Gen EPYC “Turin” Announced, Coming by End of 2024
As always, we’d love to hear your comments
Find us on Twitter @WeeklyTechRant