Episode 93: It’s time for A380 takes off in China, TSMC touts 2nm, One USB to rule them all, No Windows in Russia, FAA 5G woe, PCIe7 super speed, Tim Apple says wait!
Welcome back to the WTR as Karl and I discuss the latest tech news, gadgets, games, & films!
We are available on Apple and Spotify Podcasts, Anchor and via all good podcast sources!
This week we covered:
- Intel’s Arc A380 GPU launches in China for around $150 USD
- TSMC’s 2nm chips are coming to a device near you in 2026
- USB-C iPhone could become mandatory in the US as senators push for common charger law
- Microsoft appears to have blocked Windows downloads in Russia
- Intel really just asked the EU for $624M to pay it back for overturned anti-AMD fine
- FAA: Airlines must retrofit faulty altimeters “as soon as possible”
- PCIe 7.0 to quadruple the bandwidth of PCIe 5.0, coming in 2025
- Xbox Cloud Gaming is getting mouse and keyboard support and latency improvements
As always, we’d love to hear your comments
Find us on Twitter @WeeklyTechRant