Oracle and now Kanye – TikTok is hot property, Oculus backlash and Apple news!
Welcome to Episode 4 of The Weekly Tech Rant and once again Karl and I cover the latest tech stories from the week. We talk about the ongoing challenges in our homelabs and our regular feature on what games and TV/Films which have piqued our interest this week!
We are now available on Apple and Spotify Podcasts and of course our hosting platform Anchor:
This week we covered:
- The TikTok saga goes up a notch as Oracle joins the bidding war for Tiktok!
- Oculus forcing users to log in with Facebook accounts – Lots of unhappy VR users!
- Apple reportedly helped US Gov make iPods into portable Geiger counters!
- Apple rumoured to be making a more affordable Apple Watch?
- Update on Sony XM4s and my vSphere migration journey!
- What have we been playing this week:
- What have we been been watching this week:
- Underwater – Alien meets The Abyss
- Any gadgets we are interested in:
- Surface Duo – is this the Android dual-screen device we have been waiting for?
Plus my young daughter makes an appearance at 25:30 – rather unhappy with proceedings as she has a tantrum outside the studio! (No children were harmed in the making of this podcast!)
Enjoy and as always please let us know what you think in the comments.