Episode 33: It’s time for the latest round of Epic V Apple, Covid Privacy issues, no ‘Droid iMessage, Samsung assimilates your iPhone, Pixel Watches teased, Apple does MTV, MSFT goes all in on Nuance and oh its Q!
Welcome back to the WTR as Karl and I discuss the latest tech news and gadgets and games & films!
We are available on Apple and Spotify Podcasts, Anchor and via all good podcasts sources!
This week we covered:
- Facebook refuses to provide documents requested by Apple in the ongoing Epic case – And that surprised no one!
- Apple and Google block UK contact-tracing app update over privacy concerns – whoops just as the UK (England/Wales) moves to next stage of lockdown relaxation
- Rumours claim Samsung will make OLED TVs with LG panels next year
- Another report claims iPhone 13 will use LTPO displays to enable ProMotion high-refresh-rate –
- Court documents show why Apple never made iMessage for Android – Guess we won’t be seeing that anytime soon!
- Samsung launches iTest’ a new web app for turning your iPhone into a Galaxy device – sorry it does what?
- Google Pixel Watch leak gives us a first look at the anticipated smartwatch – will it be an Apple watch beater?
- Microsoft will acquire speech-tech giant Nuance for $19.7 billion – Satya gets out the chequebook again!
- Apple Music TV launches in the UK + Canada(the US was already live) – MTV reborn?
As always we’d love to hear your comments
Find us on Twitter @WeeklyTechRant