Episode 34: It’s time for Intel to up a gear, Sony sees the value in Epic (which is burning cash!), Samsung goes Quantum, Apple Spring loaded previews bounce our way, Kuo predicts the future of iPhone and we go boldly back to the 32nd Century
Welcome back to the WTR as Karl and I discuss the latest tech news and gadgets and games & films!
We are available on Apple and Spotify Podcasts, Anchor and via all good podcasts sources!
This week we covered:
- Intel hopes to start making chips for car companies within six to nine months – Intel steps up a gear (bad pun alert)
- Sony invests another $200 million in Epic Games – valuing them now at $29bn wow!
- Three reasons why Epic Games can give away $17.5 billion worth of games for free – despite some good reasons, this isn’t a great business model IMHO
- How long can Epic afford to throw money at the Epic Games Store? – running now at a $500m loss since 2018
- Samsung’s Galaxy Quantum 2 has quantum cryptography built in – all the crypto but now quantum powered!
- Apple Event on the 20th April: Spring Loaded – Siri leaks and Jon Prosser was right, so are new iPads, iMacs and Airtags incoming
- Apple upgraded the security of older iPhone and Apple Watch processors in fall of 2020
- Nvidia’s potentially having another crack at its unhackable RTX 3060 mining limiter
- Kuo has a lot to say!
- iPhone 14 Pro to feature significant camera upgrades, including 48-megapixel sensor and 8K video recording – Wait, 14? we haven’t even got the 13 yet!
- 2023 iPhones will feature under-display Face ID and periscope telephoto lens, according to Ming-Chi Kuo – Stuff the 14… what about the 15?!
- Apple AR headset to include 15 cameras – more cameras more to see!
As always we’d love to hear your comments
Find us on Twitter @WeeklyTechRant