It’s time for Google SoC’s, the Silicon wars heats up, Apple needs charging, Virtual Build (again), Big money Mario, LG exit stage left and Kong bashes Godzilla and we get minions!
Welcome back to the WTR as Karl and I discuss the latest tech news and gadgets and games & films!
We are available on Apple and Spotify Podcasts, Anchor and via all good podcasts sources!
This week we covered:
- Google will reportedly use its own chip in the Pixel 6 – homegrown chips are the way forward
- TSMC bumps spending up 50% to meet increased demand – the latest round of the silicon wars have begun!
- SK Hynix to Build $106 Billion Fab Cluster: 800,000 Wafer Starts a Month – its fab to be in the chip business
- Apple to buy over $50 million worth of batteries from Tesla for a new energy storage project – that’s one large Duracell bunny!
- Microsoft Build will take place May 25th–27th – one more big virtual conference
- A sealed copy of’Super Mario Bros.’ just sold for $660,000 – holy Luigi that’s a lot!
- Facebook Breach leaks over 500 million users info – more like an open book!
- Apple begins rejecting apps that use advertising SDKs for fingerprinting users – think it’s clear now that Apple wants to ensure privacy!
- LG Calls it Quits, to Close Mobile Phone Business – after 14 years Life isn’t that Good for LG!
As always we’d love to hear your comments
Find us on Twitter @WeeklyTechRant