Episode 54: It’s time for Apple to take a RISC-V, 7yrs of updates for the EU, Virgin clipped wings, SMIC goes giga(fab), FB copies Snap, iPhones a-plenty on the 14th and now MSFS grounds Top Gun
Welcome back to the WTR as Karl and I discuss the latest tech news, gadgets, games, & films!
We are available on Apple and Spotify Podcasts, Anchor and via all good podcasts sources!
This week we covered:
- Apple delays controversial iOS15 CSAM scanning tool
- Apple will let video and music apps—but not games—link to other payment options
- Apple exploring open-source RISC-V chips, but almost certainly not instead of ARM
- Germany reportedly pushing EU for 7 years of updates on iOS/Android
- FAA grounds Virgin Galactic amidst investigation into July mission
- China’s SMIC To Build a GigaFab for $8.87B: An Answer to the Shortages
- Facebook Teases Ray-Ban Smartglasses Recording In New Video
- Apple officially announces September 14 event for iPhone 13 and more
As always, we’d love to hear your comments
Find us on Twitter @WeeklyTechRant