Episode 38: It’s time for broken WhatsApp, Apple goes all-in on Modems, IBM says no chips, more Lawsuits, MWC no-shows, PSVR Next-gen and no Apple will not make a console
Welcome back to the WTR as Karl and I discuss the latest tech news and gadgets and games & films!
We are available on Apple and Spotify Podcasts, Anchor and via all good podcasts sources!
This week we covered:
- Apple may switch to its own 5G iPhone modems by 2023 – bringing all the HW expertise under one roof!
- IBM joins TSMC and Intel in saying the Chip shortage isn’t going to end soon – quick spin up more fabs!
- Valve antitrust lawsuit leads to questions about Steam’s unwritten rules – another day and another game lawsuit!
- The next PlayStation VR will be 4K and include eye-tracking – VR gets an upgrade
- Samsung won’t physically attend Mobile World Congress 2021 – so who else is gonna fall next!
- Rumours that Apple is working on a Switch-like console don’t add up – Should Nintendo be worried!
- AirPods Pro – whats that Karl I can’t hear you!
As always we’d love to hear your comments
Find us on Twitter @WeeklyTechRant