Episode 37: It’s time for insecure routers, FCC hot water, Trumps social failure, No tracking please, Apple cards for all, Sony high prices and bye Sennheiser
Welcome back to the WTR as Karl and I discuss the latest tech news and gadgets and games & films!
We are available on Apple and Spotify Podcasts, Anchor and via all good podcasts sources!
This week we covered:
- Which Router survey shows 2million Brits are using insecure kit – no shock here I’m sure!
- Biggest ISPs paid for 8.5 million fake FCC comments opposing net neutrality
- Donald Trump’s‘social media platform’ has launched and it’s just a blog – The Trump echo chamber!
- Trump social media: Twitter suspends account sharing ex-president’s posts – the same time as Facebook upholds ban!
- Google Play to require privacy labels on apps in 2022, almost two years after Apple – well if you can’t beat em, join em!
- 96% of US users opt-out of app tracking in iOS 14.5, analytics find – guess people actually don’t want to be product!
- Apple Card Family members can order their own titanium card, likely coming with iOS 14.6 – but still unlikely to see this in the UK
- TSMC planning up to six chip plants in Arizona, not just one – All the fabs and more chips!
- Sennheiser’s headphone business has been bought by hearing aid manufacturer Sonova – well I hadn’t heard about this!
- Sony faces a lawsuit over alleged“monopoly pricing” of PlayStation downloads – what? another case about monopolies!
- Mortal Kombat – Review
As always we’d love to hear your comments
Find us on Twitter @WeeklyTechRant