Episode 158: It’s Time for Microsoft’s Major Layoffs and Meta’s AR Ambitions, Plus Apple’s European App Revolution
Welcome back to the WTR as Karl and Jay discuss the latest tech news, gadgets, games, & films!
We are available on Apple and Spotify Podcasts and via all good podcast sources!
This week we covered:
- Apple… Hell has frozen over
- Apple announces reduced commission structure for apps in Europe
- Apple announces support for third-party iPhone app stores in the EU, coming with iOS 17.4
- Apple says third-party app marketplace creators must have €1,000,000 ‘letter of credit’
- Apple will prompt users to set default browsers and allow third-party web engines on iPhone in the EU
- Apple lets apps feature streaming games, chatbots and other built-in experiences
- iPad users will miss out on third-party app stores, browser engines, and more
As always, we’d love to hear your comments
Find us on Twitter @WeeklyTechRant