Episode 71: It’s time for return of Fortnite(?), 5G worries, Exynos no-show, E2E vs HMG, Apple actually does something and expensive AR/VR headset (and we forgot the films!)
Welcome back to the WTR as Karl and I discuss the latest tech news, gadgets, games, & films!
We are available on Apple and Spotify Podcasts, Anchor and via all good podcast sources!
This week we covered:
- Fortnite is back on iOS… well sorta
- AT&T and Verizon back down in standoff with FAA, agree to 5G delay [Updated]
- Samsung no-showed on its major Exynos 2200 launch [Update: Samsung speaks]
- Apple is no longer letting users stay on iOS 14 with security updates
- UK class action lodged against Meta seeks $3.1B for breach of competition law
- The UK Government is reportedly preparing a PR blitz against end-to-end encryption
- Apple will allow dating apps in the Netherlands to use alternative payment systems, developers must maintain a separate app binary
- Apple will allow third-party payments for apps in South Korea
- Apple just clarified alternative payments on iOS. Spoiler: Apple still takes a commission
- Apple’s AR/VR headset could be priced above $2,000, feature M1 Pro-like performance
As always, we’d love to hear your comments
Find us on Twitter @WeeklyTechRant