It’s Space Lasers, AI-powered Maps and Medieval love triangles plus some old school skateboard action!
Welcome to Episode 6 of The Weekly Tech Rant and once again Karl and I cover the latest tech stories from the week. We talk about the ongoing challenges in our homelabs and our regular feature on what games and TV/Films which have piqued our interest this week!
We are now available on Apple and Spotify Podcasts and of course our hosting platform Anchor:
This week we covered:
- Epic asks the court to reinstate App Dev account – Please Apple we’d like to get back on the App store and rerelease our apps – will they win this round?
- Apple to release 2x new Watches and redesigned iPad this year – is this the year of the Watch “SE”?
- With latest Starlink launch, SpaceX touts 100 Mbps download speeds and ‘space lasers – Ok so it’s not satellite warfare but more inter-satellite comms! Plus
- Facebook halts Oculus Sales in German – Is this fallout from the upcoming change from Facebook, forcing all Oculus owners to use Facebook accounts?
- Google Maps uses Deepmind AI – finally a use for AI that isn’t playing games or world domination!
- Apple delays privacy feature that would let iPhone owners keep ad tracking at bay – did Apple listen to concerns from advertisers?
- Nvidia RTX 3000 series launch and a new feature (SR-IO) for users who run Virtualised envs! – fresh out of Nvidia CEO Jensen Huang’s oven, we talk about the 3000 series!
- What have we been watching this week:
- What we been playing this week: