Episode 146: It’s time for MSFT + Blizzard deal go/no-go, Mr PS Jim Ryan hangs up his controller, Cisco splunks $28bn, NASA brings back space dust, Epic layoffs and new MS Console
Welcome back to the WTR as Karl and Jay discuss the latest tech news, gadgets, games, & films!
We are available on Apple and Spotify Podcasts, Anchor and via all good podcast sources!
This week we covered:
- Microsoft’s Activision Blizzard deal gets preliminary approval from UK regulator
- Game on: FTC tries again to block Microsoft Activision merger
- Another console dad hangs up his spurs as PlayStation boss Jim Ryan announces he’s retiring from Sony next year
- Cisco to acquire Splunk in $28B mega deal
- Online Safety Bill passes in the UK w/o iMessage impact, but government not giving up
- NASA collected a sample from an asteroid for the first time — here’s why it matters
- Epic Games is laying off more than 800 people: ‘We’ve been spending way more money than we earn’
As always, we’d love to hear your comments
Find us on Twitter @WeeklyTechRant