Episode 123: It’s time for Meta hypocrisy, Twitter kills API but charges $1000 P/M for Gold, Voodoo GFX, Its the AI Chat wars, Lockbit bites Royal Mail and really Britcoin
Welcome back to the WTR as Karl and Jay discuss the latest tech news, gadgets, games, & films!
We are available on Apple and Spotify Podcasts, Anchor and via all good podcast sources!
This week we covered:
- Meta, which pays for web scraping, sues to stop web scraping
- Twitter to end free access to its API in Elon Musk’s latest monetization push
- Twitter will let businesses keep their gold checkmarks — for $1,000 per month
- For a small fortune you too can buy a piece of PC gaming graphics history
- Google takes first shot in AI search engine wars, announces Bard competitor to ChatGPT
- LockBit ransomware group threatens to publish stolen Royal Mail data
- Bank of England won’t call it Britcoin but says digital pound ‘likely to be needed in future’
As always, we’d love to hear your comments
Find us on Twitter @WeeklyTechRant