Episode 113: It’s time for Layoffs and cuts, Activision hits back, Sony silence, CMA vs Broadcom, Alexa is a failure, Secret Shuttles and iPhone15 rumours
Welcome back to the WTR as Karl and Jay discuss the latest tech news, gadgets, games, & films!
We are available on Apple and Spotify Podcasts, Anchor and via all good podcast sources!
This week we covered:
- The tech industry’s moment of reckoning: layoffs and hiring freezes
- Activision calls Epic’s latest Google lawsuit allegations ‘nonsense’
- Xbox offered PlayStation a 10-year deal for Call of Duty, Sony declined to comment
- Broadcom’s proposed $61B VMware acquisition scrutinized by UK regulators
- Elizabeth Holmes has been sentenced to over 11 years in prison
- Amazon Alexa is a “colossal failure,” on pace to lose $10 billion this year
- The Space Force’s X-37B spaceplane returns to Earth after over two years in space
As always, we’d love to hear your comments
Find us on Twitter @WeeklyTechRant