Episode 60: It’s time for Sky Glass, Android RCS, new i5s, More FABs, Trumps SPAC (and fail), Facebook renames and High Power Macs and much more!
Welcome back to the WTR as Karl and I discuss the latest tech news, gadgets, games, & films!
We are available on Apple and Spotify Podcasts, Anchor and via all good podcasts sources!
This week we covered:
- Microsoft Kinect is back, thanks to Sky’s new all-in-one TVs
- SVP of Android offers open invitation to help Apple put RCS texting on the iPhone
- Intel’s next-gen i5 may lack Alder Lake’s boldest feature but is still more than a match for AMD
- Intel’s Alder Lake CPUs May Not Work With Older Games
- EU Commission may extend antitrust probe into Nvidia’s $54bn merger with Arm
- TSMC plant in Japan planned in $7B deal with Sony and Japanese government
- Apple continues to take home most of the global smartphone profits
- Donald Trump’s new social media SPAC, explained
- The new 16-inch MacBook Pro offers a speed-enhancing ‘High Power Mode’
- Mark Zuckerberg called to testify before the Senate following Instagram reports
- Facebook is planning to rebrand the company with a new name
As always, we’d love to hear your comments
Find us on Twitter @WeeklyTechRant